In 2019 we challenged you to “burn down the house “ of Shared Services and GBS, to enable a new philosophy and operating model to rise like a phoenix from the ashes.
But we didn’t mean this literally. Sadly, coronavirus doesn’t have a sense of humor.
Discussing GBS leadership experiences at Thermo Fisher Scientific (and other example), Steve Fox and Dan French will highlight key strategies that enable GBS to maximise value to the business – at speed. Steve will share the benefit of his 28 years as a Controller and GBS leader, and Dan will share the benefit of a similar period observing these individuals while drinking red wine.
In this exciting session, Steve and Dan will discuss:
- A winning culture and behaviors
- Making “global processes” work
- The role of data in driving performance
- Establishing a “defect focus”
- The role of enabling technologies
- The Pareto Principle applied to rapid returns on process improvement
- The future operating model: “platform based”
Steve Fox, former Vice President, Global Business Services, THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC
Dan French, Founder & CEO, CONSIDER SOLUTIONS